Whether you have an overflowing makeup bag or a drawer in your bathroom stuffed with variouscosmetics, it’s time to clean it out. Organizing yourmakeup is important not only because it clears up space, but because makeup often harbors bacteria that can cause skin problems if kept too long. If you want to pare down your cosmetics but aren’t sure where to start, keep reading to learn how to organize your makeup collection.
Organizing Your Makeup:
Lay it all out. The first step when organizing your makeup is to make a singular pile with every cosmetic item you own. Lay down a trash bag on the floor and keep another one handy for throwing away old items.
Sort your makeup into piles. Create a pile foreyeshadow, blush, foundation, eyeliner, mascaraand lipstick. You will also want to create piles for cosmetic tools like brushes, tweezers and applicators.
Check the expiration dates. Unlike food, makeup doesn’t come with expiration dates stamped on them. Instead, it’s up to you to remember when you purchased specific items and throw them out once they’re old.
- Lipstick: Lipstick and lipliners can be used for up to two years. To help lipstick last longer, store it in the refrigerator.
- Foundation: Foundation will last up to one year. The one exception to this rule is mineral makeup. Mineral foundation contains no moisture and is inorganic, enabling it to last almost indefinitely.
- Powder: Powders like blush, bronzer and eyeshadow can last up to three years.
- Mascara: Eye makeup like mascara should be replaced the most frequently since it tends to expire fast and is prone to collecting bacteria. Mascara should be replaced every four months or sooner if you notice it getting dry.
- Makeup tools: Brushes tend to harbor bacteria, so it is essential to wash them every two to three months with hot water and mild detergent. Sponges should be washed weekly and discarded monthly.
Put it away. Once your makeup is tossed and your tools are cleaned, it’s time to put them away. Place your everyday makeup essentials in a small cosmetic bag; this ensures that they are easy find each morning. For the rest of your makeup, place it by type in drawers or a small plastic cosmetic holder. Since brushes require frequent cleaning, place them in a small jar on your bathroom counter. This allows easy access and speedy drying time.
Take note. Now that your makeup collection is looking pristine, keep it organized by recording cosmetic purchase dates on a sticky note and keeping it in your medicine cabinet or on the inside of a drawer. Every six months take an inventory and toss the makeup that is no longer good.
Many brides struggle with trying to find the perfect wedding dress.While it’s easy for brides to get swept up in the excitement of shopping for such an important dress, it’s also important to remember to choose and decide on the kind silhouette one wants as it greatly affects the outcome of the gown on your body. For Christmas wedding gown deals, visit http://www.tbdress.com/Topic/Christmas-Wedding-Dresses-Deals-25-75/
- Ball wedding gowns have very full skirts and generally will look beautiful on any body type, unless the bride is very short and small. In this case, it may be overwhelming to her small frame. Ball gowns generally either have crinolines built in or a slip you must wear to support the shape of the gown. Be advised that this extra fabric can be heavy and bulky and will require extra care to wear.
- A-lines usually have a fitted bodice with a skirt that flares gently from the waist to form an “A” shape. They generally work for everyone as well, and are a terrific choice for someone who would like to hide lower body flaws, but does not want a ball gown. A-lines are not as full as ball gowns.
- Sheaths flatter women with slim, balanced figures. They shouldn’t be worn by brides who dislike their figures. Lace wedding dresses will not hide any flaws. If you think your thighs or butt are too big, you’ll be miserable in this type of dress. Don’t try to pull it off because you found a gown you love in this style. You don’t want to risk being uncomfortable or self conscious on your wedding day, or regretting your choice every time you look at wedding photos.
- Empire waist wedding gowns have a skirt that falls from just below the breasts. Although usually listed with various waistline types and not always considered a type of silhouette, they are a wonderful choice for a casual, non-formal wedding, or weddings in a tropical climate. They’re usually made of light, flowing fabric. They’re also excellent for pregnant brides, because they provide extra room in the waist, making them a comfortable choice. Grab the chance at Thanksgiving deals on http://www.tbdress.com/Topic/Thanksgiving-Day-Wedding-Dresses-2015-Deals-17-104440/
If you have a figure that is bigger on top than your bottom half or have broader shoulders or bigger bust area, chances are you fall under inverted triangle body shape or strawberry-shaped body. Bright colored bottoms and bigger top with v-necklines will balance out your body shape.
If you’re shopping for dresses, choose one that has a fitted bodice and flared skirt. You will also look good on tunic dresses and bias cuts dresses. Avoid wearing off-shouldered dresses as it can broaden your top part. Same goes with puffy sleeves.
If you’re shopping for jeans and trousers, choose boot-cut pants with wide legs or flared style. You can add volume to your bottom by wearing cargo pants too. Light colored trousers can be flattering and skinny jeans can accentuate your slender legs.
If you’re shopping for tops, v-necklines is a favorable choice because it will draw the attention downwards. You can pair your top with cardigans to soften your shape. The key is to choose fabrics that will fit your upper body rather than adding volume to it.
If you’re shopping for coats and jackets, choose one that flare from the waist. Small lapers or collarless styles will look fabulous on you. Keep your styles simple and use V-necks as much as possible to flatter your figure. For fashionable cheap women’s sweater, check out http://www.tbdress.com/Cheap-Sweaters-101057/
You can soften up your shape by choosing fuller and wide bottoms and tighter tops. This will give an ideal voluptuous look on your figure. Remember your aim is to emphasize your lower half and draw away from the top part. Check out weekly deals in Tbdress’ cyber monday deals online, visit http://www.tbdress.com/topic/CyberMondayInTBdress.